How To Turn Conference Videos Into Effective eLearning
Read Time: 3 minutes
Check out our 6 strategies for turning conference videos into effective eLearning modules:
- Clean Audio Capture
- Focus at Least One Professional Camera on the Speaker
- Access all Digital Files
- Incorporate Adobe After Effects
- Wrap in SCORM
- Implement Knowledge Checks and Activities
Have you ever given a presentation at a conference and wished there was a way to share it with those who couldn’t attend? Well, now you can with our 6 tips!
At Roundtable Learning, we’ve partnered with clients across industries to turn their conference videos into effective, accessible, and scalable eLearning modules.
In this article, we’ll explore 6 steps generated by our expert team for creating eLearning from conference videos.
How To Convert Conference Media Into eLearning
What’s worked best for many of our clients is to not only capture and share conference presentations, but to turn those videos and presentation materials into effective eLearning courses.
Converting conference media into eLearning will:
- Turn instructor-led training into on-demand learning that can be accessed anywhere, any time
- Save future presentation costs and prevent presenter burnout
- Expand your reach to new customers, association members, and potential employees
- Create evergreen content that can easily be refreshed for style and compliance reasons
- Increase the mileage of your content
- Increase engagement through knowledge checks, interactive tools, and post-assessments
- Track your audience’s training preferences, learning behaviors, and knowledge retention
- Drive non-dues revenue and create a sustainable profit model from sharing your content
Read More: ILT vs. VILT vs. eLearning vs. Video Learning: Traditional or Digital Learning
6 Steps To Create Effective eLearning From Videos
If you feel like you’re missing out on any of the opportunities listed above, take a look at the steps our multimedia team outlined for creating effective eLearning from conference videos.
1. Clean Audio Capture
Audio is a critical feature of video, and it shouldn’t be neglected. Make sure you properly mic the speaker and the room.
2. Focus at Least One Professional Camera on the Speaker
Keep a camera on the speaker at all times, even if something interesting is happening elsewhere in the room. Ideally, bring an extra camera for different angles, audience participation, and presentation materials.
3. Access all Digital Files
On the subject of presentation materials, make sure that you’re not relying on a camera to capture what’s happening in the slide deck. Ask for access to digital files such as the PowerPoint decks after the conference. These will provide high-quality images for the next step.
4. Incorporate Adobe After Effects
Once you have your high quality raw video, clean audio, and presentation materials, it’s time to take the presentation to the next level with After Effects. Using the power of motion graphics, you can highlight important information within the slide decks, create on-screen captions, and more.
5. Wrap in SCORM
When you’re satisfied with your video, wrap it in SCORM with an eLearning Authoring Tool like Storyline so that you can take your creation from video to eLearning.
6. Implement Knowledge Checks and Activities
In your authoring tool, create knowledge checks to track viewer understanding. You can also add interactive activities to help your learners engage with the conference topic.
Create Effective eLearning Content Today!
Taking these steps can result in a big payoff. Our multimedia team can simplify this process for you. We’ll build your return on investment by capturing video at your conferences and speaking engagements and turn it into engaging, profit-building eLearning content, like the sample course we created below.
Book a meeting with one of our experts today or check out more of our resources on all things learning and development.