Mercury Extended Reality System (Mercury XRS) is a learning management software designed to help you administer your extended reality training. In this article, we answer your top questions about Mercury XRS, including:
- Does Mercury XRS work with all XR training types?
- Can I integrate Mercury XRS into my current LMS platform?
- Can I migrate my existing XR content over to Mercury XRS?
- How much does Mercury XRS cost?
- What headsets are compatible with Mercury XRS?
- How do I log-in to my Mercury XRS account on my headset?
- How do I assign training through Mercury XRS?
- Does Mercury XRS offer offline access?
If you’ve decided to utilize virtual reality (VR) to address your training needs, you’re likely thinking about this question:
How do I measure training progress?
Never fear… Mercury XRS is here! This intuitive extended reality (XR) system manages every aspect of virtual reality training, from content management, tracking employee progress, and releasing content updates from one, singular platform.
At Roundtable Learning, our team uses the latest-and-greatest technologies to enhance organizational training. With many successful training programs under our belt, we are experienced in helping organizations manage their XR training efficiently and easily.
In this article, we will answer the top questions we get about our Mercury XRS platform.
What is Mercury XRS?
Mercury XRS helps you manage, deliver, and report on the data from your VR training. By consolidating all of these tasks into a singular web-based platform, you can implement effective and organized training content on a large scale. Simply put, Mercury XRS organizes your training so that you don’t have to.
Mercury XRS gives you the ability to:
- Deliver and update training by user, device, and location – allowing you to pinpoint whoever needs specific training materials and deploy content from anywhere.
- Collect and observe your top-performing training metrics, as they occur, through customizable dashboards and reports.
- Begin, progress, and complete training from multiple devices. For example, trainees could begin their training on smart glasses, continue on a tablet, and complete it with a headset.
Does Mercury XRS work with all XR training types?
Can I integrate Mercury XRS into my current LMS platform?
With the use of xAPI or AICC communication technology, Mercury XRS can connect to your LMS platform* – keeping your learning paths intact.
There are 2 primary ways to communicate with an LMS:
- The first is xAPI which is native in the platform code itself. We accumulate the messages and can pass them along in a stream. If the customer already has an existing system with the LRS system – we can get better data reported.
- The second is to offer AICC communication back to a conformant LMS system. AICC is the older standard, and this offering lets you communicate with older LMS implementations.
*Your LMS provider will have to help configure the integration with our team. Consult our experts for more information.
Can I migrate my existing XR content over to Mercury XRS?
If you have VR training content developed with Unity, there are capabilities to integrate your existing material into the Mercury XRS platform.*
Mercury XRS comes with a software development kit (SDK) that allows organizations to create their own XR content in one installable package. An SDK may include content libraries, training samples, guides, development tutorials, and more.
*This is dependent on an evaluation of VR content files.
How much does Mercury XRS cost?
There’s no exact answer here due to the customizable nature of Mercury XRS. This results in a price that can range from $1500 per month, to over $10,000 per month.
Let’s break down the 3 factors that influence cost in more detail.
1. Headsets and Licenses
Your biggest expense will be the amount of headsets you require for your training. You can work with our experts to choose the best hardware for your project (Meta Quest, Pico Neo, HTC Vive, etc.) and get the right quantity ordered.
The cost of the Mercury XRS software is purchased per headset being used for the training program. Installation of Mercury XRS on each headset may also carry an additional charge.
2. Scope of Integration
The scope of integration refers to both the number of systems and the data that will be sent both to and from the Mercury XRS system. The more your XR training is a part of your business process/decision making, the more you’ll want that data available to your other reporting solutions. This takes into account any HRIS, LMS, BI, or LRS systems and the amount of information moving from one system to another.
3. Profile Syncing And/Or Content Assignment
Part of the initial setup of Mercury XRS involves profile syncing or content assignment to specific users within the system. While you may use single sign-on to populate profiles, this login system may not provide enough information about users, requiring a secondary user feed.
When a secondary user feed is required for profile syncing or content assignment, you can expect the cost of Mercury XRS to be higher given the non-standard authorization of users from that secondary feed.
*Cost ranges are general estimates; each training program is unique, and costs can vary. Please seek a professional quote for more specific and reliable costs.
What headsets are compatible with Mercury XRS?
Mercury XRS is currently compatible with:
- Oculus Quest 1
- Oculus Quest 2
- Pico Neo 2
- Pico Neo 2 Eye
- Pico Neo 3
- VIVE Focus 3
- Hololens 2
If your training program requires a different headset, our team will work on compatibility options for you.
Learners and administrators can also use their computers to access Mercury XRS from the following internet browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
How do I login to my Mercury XRS account on a headset?
Logging into Mercury XRS on your headset is simple:
- You access the Mercury XRS app within your App section on your VR headset.
- The opening screen will prompt you with the ability to ‘Activate’ your device. This will generate an activation code.
- You then remove your VR headset and access the browser version of your Mercury XRS account from another device (laptop, smartphone).
- You can type in the code generated by the headset.
- Once entered, you are logged into Mercury XRS through your headset and ready to go!
How do I assign training through Mercury XRS?
Administrators can assign training to employees from the online admin portal. After each device is registered and licensed in the Mercury XRS system, organizations can deploy training content directly onto the device through the Mercury XRS app that sits within the headset.
Organizations can organize their training content and deploy as needed to their employees. Administrators can assign training to specific devices for individual employees or by device groups based on locations or teams.
Does Mercury XRS offer offline access?
Take your training anywhere with offline capabilities. Mercury XRS will automatically push out updates and deliver content to your headsets through their WiFi connection.
Users can access any training assigned to them that you delivered to your devices before disconnecting from the internet. Mercury XRS will store any training metrics on the device and send them to the dashboard when it’s back online.
How do I get started with Mercury XRS?
We would love to begin your journey with Mercury XRS! Schedule a meeting with our experts to learn more!